Integration Family Services (IFS) was founded in July 2020 as a culminating product of grassroots organizing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by Somali childcare providers, parents, and families. IFS leads a community-based network of health, housing, social services, education, and employment resources and offers culturally-specific capacity-building services to childcare providers in King County. As a trusted hub for connection and support for families and providers in historically underserved immigrant and refugee communities, IFS offers a holistic menu of culturally relevant and language-specific programs:
- Resource navigation and access to social, economic, business, and professional development programs and services.
- Employment and career advancement support and resources.
- Education and widely shared information that accurately amplifies community needs.
- Early learning services and enrichment programs for children and youth aged 0 to 18.
- Professional education programs and events for Childcare Providersj.
- Advocacy skills development for a coalition of families, community members, and social justice leaders to ensure their inclusion in, and influence on, systems and policy change processes.
- Stakeholders’ platforms that will elevate their voices and empower them to advocate for equal opportunities in the Greater Seattle-King County Metropolitan area of Puget Sound in WA State.