The Federal Way Public Market is a grand idea that is gaining traction. We are still a ‘work in progress’. We are looking for community input so we can create a year-round market space that serves the community and aids small businesses as best it can.
The City of Federal Way is a wonderful place to live. A growing and increasingly diverse population, and the arrival of light rail in 2024 will open numerous new cultural and economic opportunities for our community.
A year-round public market would serve as a community hub to help our community emerge as a more vibrant and economically prosperous place to live, work, and play.
We are passionate about developing a community driven public market that:
- Provides a gathering place to celebrate the diversity of food, art, and cultures of Federal Way.
- Provides a permanent location for the Federal Way Farmers Market.
- Highlights local entrepreneurs and small business owners, including farmers and artisans.
- Attracts tourists, new businesses, and citizens to downtown Federal Way.
- Energizes economic development around the market.
- Creates new jobs and economic opportunities for all Federal Way citizens.
- Serves as an incubator for small and culturally diverse businesses.
- Hosts community, cultural, and educational events.